Our medication training is design with reference to the following documentation, CQC outcome 9 “Management of medicines”, RPS “The Handling of Medicines in Social Care” and NICE “Managing medicines in both health and social care”. This training complies with legislation, regulation and professional standards, which are monitored and enforced by various regulatory organisations across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
With our medication training, the participants will learn the Principles of safe and appropriate handling of medicines, understanding of the legislation involved with administration of medication, proper accounting and recording of medication taking into account individual needs and preferences.
Our medication training covers the following areas;
- Introduction to Medication
- The legal framework/company policies
- Principles of safe and appropriate handling of medicines
- Levels of support
- Medication storage
- Understanding of how to read and complete the (MAR) chart.
- The five rights of medication
- Audit, record keeping and reporting procedures
- Ordering, disposal and refusal of medicine