The most common causes of injury and ill health to carers arise from moving and handling, and dealing with challenging behaviour.
Where Health and Safety applies, any significant risks to both the carer and service user must be adequately assessed so far as is reasonably practicable. Following risk consideration by competent person, a safe working procedures and appropriate equipment should be provided.
Care Worker should be suitably competent and appropriately trained to carry out their tasks safely.
This training is designed to meet CQC out 10. Safety and suitability of premises and Outcome 11: Safety, availability and suitability of equipment
The Health and safety training covers the following areas;
- Principle of Health & Safety
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Employers Duties
- Employees Responsibilities
- Law Enforcement
- Key Definitions
- Common hazards in work place.
- Safety signs and their meaning
- Effects of Poor Health & Safety
- Accident and incident Reporting
- Risk Assessment
- Emergency Responsibility
- Corporate Health & Safety Management System